How do we fix The Hulu Error Code 2(-998): Sometimes, Hulu shows errors when streaming online content, which is the most difficult moment. Hulu viewers frequently report experiencing a Hulu error code 2(-998) and 2(-975). It’s an intermittent error message which can be corrected by following a few steps in troubleshooting.
Hulu error codes are displayed at the top of your screen when there are problems with your connection to the Internet. Hulu error code 2(-998) and 2(-975) could appear when you use the Hulu application on your Android television or mobile. This could be due to an outdated version of the software, or an incompatible device could cause the problem.
This article will highlight the various issues that could cause Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and Hulu error code 2(-975) to help fix them swiftly. If a malfunction on the Hulu server was the cause of the error and you’re not sure what solutions would be helpful. It will take time for the Hulu server to return to its normal state. Therefore, let’s first look at the reasons and move toward the solutions.
The Causes of Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975)
When you stream Hulu online television or watch films or watch your most loved shows, It ceases to work at a moment’s notice. It could be because of a number of different causes. However, we’ve given a few of the most prominent causes:
- Device Problem
- Internet Speed Issue
- Older Application
- Hulu server is down
Some of the below errors also occurred most of the time due to the above issues
- Hulu error code p-dev302
- Hulu error code p-dev318
- Hulu error code 504
- Hulu error code 500
- Hulu error code 3(-984)
- Hulu error code bya-403-011
- Hulu error code 3(-996)
- Hulu error code 406
How to fix Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975)
Hulu error code 2(-998), 2(-975) is an intermittent error that could prevent the stream of the video. However, we’ll walk you through the various ways to solve the problem. Once you’ve solved the issue, you’ll be able to stream the content while watching your favorite TV show.
Force to Shut Down The Hulu App
A forced shutdown will remove this Hulu error code 2(-998). It could differ depending on the device you use to stream the content. These methods can be used to stop the shutdown program.
for Android Phone and Tablet:
- To begin, open the Android phone or tablet settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Apps > All Apps.
- Locate the Hulu app, then start the Settings.
- Click on Force Stop from the option and select Yes to stop it from functioning.
- You can then restart your tablet or phone and see if the error persists.
For Android TV:
- From the homepage, then go to Settings on your Android TV.
- Once the Settings have been opened After that, select the application.
- In the list of installed applications, click on the Hulu application.
- To end the Hulu application, select Force Stop. Force Stop option.
- Then you can launch the Hulu app following the power-up cycle of the TV.
- Check for the Hulu error code 2(-975) or Hulu error code 2(-998) if It could persist.
Watch for Updates Pending on Hulu
An application that is outdated could cause a problem. Therefore it is necessary to update your application. The methods you use will differ depending on the TV or smartphone you use. It is necessary to upgrade the App according to the process of updating your device. We’ll walk you through the procedure that all devices use:
To be used on Android Phone and Tablet:
- To access your Android device, open Google Play Store. Google Play Store.
- The Hulu app within the apps that are installed.
- For downloading and installing updated versions, click the Update button on the App.
- Restart your phone and then open the latest application.
For Android TV:
- At the top of the screen, go to Settings> Apps.
- Choose Google Play Store on the left menu.
- Log in to My Apps and find Hulu in the list of apps, then select the Update option.
- Watch for updates to be downloaded and then installed on the TV.
- If the Hulu error code 2(-998) persists, check if it persists even after restarting the device.
Power Of The Online Hulu streaming Device
- To shut off power to your Android phone, you need to hit and hold on to the power button couple of minutes.
- To turn off the Android TV, simply press the appropriate power button on the remote.
- Unplug every device from a power source that is connected to your Android TV.
- After the system has been switched off, you can switch off your router as well as a modem.
- If you’re streaming Hulu via your phone with mobile data, you need to turn off the Flight Mode in your device and switch off data.
- Allow all devices to remain idle for a couple of minutes and then reconnect all the devices back.
- Restart the device and check whether the Hulu error code 2(-975) or 2(-998) persists.
The connection is refreshed every time you switch off the streaming device, as well as other devices such as routers, modems, and routers. Refreshing is the quickest method to fix all issues with your system and also eliminate Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975). If you are still experiencing issues, it is recommended to check the speed of your connection. For streaming, Hulu uses a speed test tool to ensure that your connection is running at an average bandwidth that is 1.5 Mbps.
You may also look into the functions of other apps that are installed on your device, in addition to the browsing speed of your Internet. Are other apps installed on your Android affected because of network problems? Other apps will display similar warnings in the event that the network is not functioning. If it is not, you can contact the online customer service of Hulu and ask for a fix.
Delete and Reinstall to solve the Hulu error code 2(-998), 2(-975)
The process may differ for different devices. Don’t fret about it. Go to the Settings page on your Android devices and follow these steps:
- After you have opened the settings, select Apps from the options list.
- Once you have done that, search for and then select the Hulu app from the list.
- Choose Uninstall on the main menu.
- Visit the PlayStore and search for Hulu by typing in the box for search.
- To install the application again to install it, press on the Install icon.
- Verify that the error persists even after restarting the device.
Chat with Hulu Support Team
Chatting with Hulu’s online support is the most efficient way to pinpoint what’s the problem and what you can do to resolve it. You’ll need all the information related to your account to complete the process. Hulu staff will only have access to the information you provide. Hulu personnel will not have access to the subscriber’s name or the device’s specific solution.
Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and Hulu error code 2(-975) is the usual error on any device that streams content online. Hulu has no official solution for troubleshooting this. The techniques mentioned above are extensive solutions that have delivered notable outcomes in solving the following errors for Hulu customers in past years.
Hulu error code p-dev318
Hulu error code p-dev302
Hulu error code 504
Hulu error code 3(-984)
Hulu error code 500
Hulu error code bya-403-011
Hulu error code 406
Hulu error code 3(-996)